Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Testament of Henry Miller

Among the documents I have is a typescript of a testament written by one Henry Miller. This man was born February 23, 1819 in Mount Vernon, Ohio. He is the paternal great-uncle of the Ellis Oliver Jones who is the subject here. That man's mother, Eugenia Miller Jones was the daughter of Jonathan Miller, the eldest brother of Henry Miller. In this document, dated in 1884, a year before his death, and when my great-grandfather was about eleven years old, he recounts what he remembers of his family history.

You may click on each of the following pages to make them readable. I've tried this weekend -- unsuccessfully -- to abstract the data here into the family tree I'm building at Geni.com. Go, if you care to http://www.geni.com/people/Ellis-Jones/384809866210013734 . If you can't see it, let me know. I'll find a way to let you in.

There are redactions made after the fact (see the * notes on some pages, and the final page is directed to "my" branch of the family. I guess by the typing style that these are the work of our Ellis Oliver Jones.

Click and then click again on the following image to make it readable










No comments:

Post a Comment